Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Useful Labels

{What helps you to organize?}

Personally, I love creating labels. They help me {and my organizing-challenged husband} remember where certain items belong, whether it is in the pantry, closet, or in a storage bin. 

There are a couple different types of labels in my repertoire. Generally, my handy P-touch label maker is used on most projects, but recently I stumbled across these lovely chalkboard labels on Etsy!



Pretty fantastic, right? I have used these babies mostly on seasonal storage boxes in my closet, wiping the labels and rewriting the contents with either regular chalk, or better yet, a fabulous chalk marker.



When I change out my seasonal attire {such as sweaters and tank-tops} I just wipe clean with a damp cloth and rewrite! 

{By the way, I love these chalk ink markers. I first used them when I worked at Peet's Coffee & Tea, and designed their in-store chalkboard signs, and bought some for my own use shortly after first use.}

To continue my swoon: chalkboard labels are easily found on Etsy, come in a bevy of styles, and shapes, and are a super convenient way to distinguish what is hiding in my large storage boxes. Best thing is, they can be reused over and over again!

You could place them on refillable glass containers in your pantry...


Or attach them to jam jars for gifts...


And, affixed to ball or mason jars, they would be super-sweet wedding or party favors!

Photo courtesy of Austin Gros via Style Me Pretty

I have to say, I am so inspired by these useful, beautiful little labels. The options seem endless!

Who else can imagine the possibilities? Any brilliant ideas of how to use chalkboard labels?

xoxo,
~Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment